Water Softening and Water Treatment
Water plays a critical role in each of our lives.
- It sustains our health, our homes and many of the conveniences we take for granted.
- We depend on it for drinking and cooking.
- Our appliances need it to clean clothes and wash dishes.
- Our heating systems depend on it to provide warmth and comfort.
- We use it for showers and our children use it to bathe in.
When water related problems arise, they can impact our lives.
Some of the most common and detectible problems found in New England well water supplies can include
• Brown or Orange Staining usually found in sinks, showers, toilets and appliances.
• Blue Green Stains typically caused from the internal corrosion or breakdown of household copper piping.
• Harsh Smelling or Tasting Water which can include Sulfur (rotten egg smell), heavy mineral & metallic flavor, sodium taste, as well as other organic odors and flavors.
• Hard Water which can leave hair, skin and clothing feeling rough or dry. Hardness also creates a “scaling” or build-up on the inside of plumbing features, reducing water flow and greatly diminishing the effectiveness of hot water heating systems.
If you’re experiencing any of the above concerns we recommend having your water professionally tested.
Ward Water offers a variety of comprehensive testing options to address most any concern. We’re also happy to advise you on the various State Certified Testing Laboratories throughout the area. Testing is inexpensive and simple. Most importantly it will help in determining what type of treatment is most appropriate for your home and for your family’s needs.
Over the past 30 years Ward Water has installed thousands of water treatment systems throughout Maine, covering the full spectrum of water related issues. Just a few of the system technologies we implement include; Ion Exchange Water Softeners, Reverse Osmosis Systems, Mineral Filtration Units, Aeration Systems, Neutralizers, Solution Feed Systems and many others.
To learn more about testing & treatment methods or to speak with us about any water related problems feel free to contact our offices via phone or email. We’ll be happy to offer our thoughts or to meet with you in person to offer assistance.